GoPro wants to join the film business too. The Technicolor-Certified “ProTune Mode” adds 24p and 35Mbps data rate to HERO2 cameras.
– 24fps frame rate, enabling GoPro HERO2 content to be easily intercut with other sources without a frame rate conversion;
– 35Mbps data rate for the industry’s highest quality compressed image with virtually zero artifacts;
– Neutral color profile, allowing for greater flexibility in a color correction workflow;
– Log curve encoding, offering more detail in shadows and highlights;
– Reduced sharpening and noise reduction for improved flexibility in professional post- production and color design workflows.
David was really cool and provided the source files you’re seeing in the video above for our users. You can download a grab from the 5D mark III footage here, in comparison to the same frame from the GoPro ProTune footage here. [read]