- Do you feel hesitant to learn new skills, especially with others?
- Do you feel uncomfortable working on new types of projects or with new clients?
- Do you only apply for jobs when you are 100% confident that you can already handle all of the responsibilities?
- Do you avoid going to places where you don’t know most people?
- Do you dread showing others your work in progress?
Everybody likes to do stuff they’re good at. When we’re doing the types of tasks and projects we’ve already mastered, we feel in control and confident. But settling into our sweet spots – and avoiding new experiences that require us to “stretch” – comes with consequences.
Let’s try a quick self-assessment:
If you answered, “Yes,” to any of these questions, you may be limiting your creative potential by focusing on “be-good” goals versus “get-better” goals. [read]