We saw the Android-iOS duopoly coming last summer. Now, the effects of this incredibly tight choke hold is becoming painfully evident to virtually every handset maker sans Apple and Samsung. According to a fresh NPD survey from this morning, during the fourth quarter of 2011 Android and Apple together accounted for over 90 percent of smartphone sales in the United States. No wonder RIM is sliding fast. The remaining 10 percent is up for grabs. [read]
Posted by joetheflow on February 6, 2012 in Apple - MAC, I Don't Know, iPhone, iPhone/iPad, iPhone/iPad, News - crazy and otherwise and tagged Apple, iPhone, iPhone 4S, Market Share, Sales, Smartphone.